Poker Trainer (or Poker Simulator) is a specialized program designed to help novice players to learn the basics of poker without investing real money in the game.
What is a poker trainer for?
Unlike slots and other casino games, where luck is one of the key factors, poker is a game in which the practical skills of the player are important.
Poker simulators are designed to help the beginner:
- to understand the specifics of different types of poker (cash games, tournaments – linking);
- to study the basic terminology of poker: its varieties and rules;
- to try different game strategies;
- to learn how to choose the chart of starting hands for participation in the game;
- to study various tactics (bluffing, stealing blinds, check-raise);
- to get acquainted with statistics tools and learn how to evaluate hand statistics, winrate, and other important indicators.
This is an incomplete list. It all depends on which poker simulator you use. The main feature of poker simulators is the opportunity to learn how to play poker for free, gradually preparing yourself for competitions with real players.
Features of poker trainers
Most poker trainers allow the user to
- learn how to make hand combinations;
- choose the number of seats at the table;
- adjust the difficulty level of your opponents;
- practice basic poker tricks;
- give an understanding of what moment to enter the auction is the most optimal.
The best poker trainer from EvenBet Gaming
EvenBet Gaming created their own product that can help users hone their poker skills.
Poker trainer is an application that constantly generates new cases, thereby forcing the player to think about how to act in a given game situation.
There are 4 main types of training in the application:
- The “Combination” mode helps the user to explore all kinds of poker combinations.
- The “Combined Training” mode allows the player to practice the knowledge of starting hands in a quick test format.
- The “Hand Ranking” mode allows the player to compare combinations of two hands and decide which one is stronger.
- The “Runout Trainer” mode is designed for developing the ability to evaluate incoming cards and picking the top 5-12 stronger cards for the turn.
The application is free and available for download on IOS and Android (hyperlinks).