4 April 2023 Upd: 10 April 2023 3 min 7 views
The cash game is a type of poker game in which a player has the right to declare an arbitrary stack, play for as long as he wants, and exit the game when he wants to.
Features of cash games
Cash games have the following features:
- Session duration. In tournament brackets, a game session can take a lot of hours, and a player has to play until he eliminates or wins a prize. In cash games, a player has more freedom: there is an ability to leave the table with chips at any time.
- Currency. In a tournament format, chips are nominal. In cash games, they substitute money that can be exchanged for any fiat and cryptocurrency.
- The ability to join the gameplay at any time. In tournaments, players strictly follow the schedule, waiting for the moment when a sufficient number of people will gather. In cash games, players don’t have to wait for a special moment, because they can join the game at any time.
- Rates. In tournament brackets, the size of bets is gradually increasing. In cash games, it is fixed and does not change during the game.
Types of poker tables in cash games
Depending on the number of players at the table, the following types of tables are distinguished:
- Heads-up (2 persons);
- 6 – max (no more than 6 players);
- Full ring (10 people).
A few tips before playing cash games
Before starting the game, it is important to remember the following nuances:
- Participation. It’s simple: if you want to enter a game where hands are being played, then post the big blind.
- Don’t forget about the starting stack. Each poker room has its own maximum and minimum stack limits – be sure to check their value before you start playing.
- Current stack. During the game, the player’s capital can increase or decrease. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the state of your stack.
- Additional chips. Notice the stack is running out? Some poker rooms provide the function of buying additional chips right during the game.