One of the biggest thorns in the side of a beginner entrepreneur, when they embark on starting an online poker room, is how to outshine the competition and lure customers to the platform.
Making the name for yourself in the mature gambling market where the primary rivals are already profitable and have huge marketing budgets is not an easy feat. To efficiently operate in one of the most dynamic and quickly growing industries in the world, it is paramount for online poker room startups to differentiate themselves in the saturated market landscape.
Strategic marketing plays a key role in the way fledgling poker club brands define and position themselves, and without a robust and clear USP, a new online poker room venture is destined to fail in the ever-expanding competition.
EvenBet Gaming reveals some secrets to creating an effective unique selling proposition for online poker room entrepreneurs, helping nascent iGaming businesses to employ a coherent marketing strategy and develop an edge over the market rivalry.
What is USP?
A Unique Selling Proposition, or USP, is the way how an emerging poker website shows how it differs from or is better than its major competitors. Just some decades ago, poker club startups would make their presence known through advertising on television and the radio, trying to convince clients to choose them.
But today, the majority of gambling businesses have gone online where their target audiences spend most of their time. The World Wide Web is a fiercely competitive area, and young iGaming companies need to develop various search engine optimisation tactics to attract internet traffic to their poker platforms. However, if the prospect lands on the poker website, the web page has to instantly arrest the person’s attention, or otherwise, they will leave.
To communicate their competitive advantage over competitors, a novice online poker club entrepreneur must first thoroughly research their target audience. Knowing the goals, requirements, and desires of the target public will make it much easier to make a poker website that grabs prospects’ attention right away.
Secondly, beginner online poker room owners need to know their competitors in order to differentiate themselves from the crowd. It can be as simple as imitating the USP of a very successful poker website. However, in established industries, this practice can result in hundreds of iGaming websites looking identical and lacking any ginger.
It is hard to compete when you are like everyone else.
When starting a poker club website, an entrepreneur is to find clear answers to such questions as:
- How to convince the target demographic to choose my website over the competition?
- How can my brand-new poker room website outperform the major rivals in terms of safety, reputation, and customer service package?
- What makes poker websites popular, trusted, and profitable?
A USP essentially provides answers to these questions.
How to Create Your Online Poker Room USP?
To contrive a unique selling proposition, it is imperative to find a gap in the market. What can your specific poker room website do or offer to the market that your rivals do not? Where are other poker websites lame that you can do better?
Here are some ideas burgeoning online poker club entrepreneurs can incorporate into their USPs.
- Mobile application. Many online poker rooms do not have adequate smartphone versions of their platforms, and they are missing additional earning opportunities by not making a mobile presence. By designing a full-fledged mobile app for their poker room website, entrepreneurs can dramatically increase the exposure of their iGaming business and reach those players who are always on the move.
- A three-dimensional poker game is not what you can easily come across on the Internet. Ambitious startups can leverage this idea to gain a serious edge over conservative online poker establishments.
- Virtual Reality is a fiendishly popular trend in the iGaming space. Players adore immersive games that mix all the thrills of real-world poker with stunning visuals and transport players to the frontline of VR entertainment.
- Webcam Poker. Casino board game connoisseurs find live dealer poker truly delightful because this allows them to interact with the croupier and other players, creating a feeling of being in a ground-based poker club.
- Social poker. You may be surprised to know that real money play is not the biggest sector of the online poker industry. Instead, social poker has a vast base of fans. Social poker does not impose putting real money on the line. Rather, the game is free to play as social poker platforms put an emphasis on players’ interactions with each other and having fun, rather than risking money. Adding a social poker feature can give you a real advantage over your competitors who are reluctant to offer the clients something free, yet exciting.
- Specific country. Many regions in the world do not have enough poker club establishments, despite the legal status of gambling and iGaming organisations. You can make your online poker room available in such a country to reach a new audience and unlock additional money-making opportunities.
- Crypto payments are not what every online poker room eagerly offers. Enabling crypto deposits and withdrawals will put your virtual poker house in a favourable light and help you target more markets.
- It is a popular client incentivisation measure that is deployed by some online poker rooms. Rakeback awards some bonuses from each rake a person pays on the website, and these bonuses can be spent on the next purchase. You can take advantage of this approach and introduce a rakeback feature to your poker room website as a part of your USP.
- Poker lessons with an expert teacher. The inclusion of free (or inexpensive) online poker lessons with poker pros on your poker website may spark huge interest in poker beginners who would like to pick up the game’s basics and master some more advanced techniques before playing for real money.
The above-mentioned are just a few ideas to get your gear turning about how to create a compelling USP for your online poker room undertaking. But you can invent a principally new feature that is without parallel on other iGaming platforms.
Pivotal Considerations When Designing Your Online Poker Room USP
One way your unique selling proposition can stand out is by focusing on what makes your online poker room different from the rest. Differentiation is vital on the Internet. In an ocean of poker websites claiming to be the best, being different and focusing on the specific niche can help a beginner iGaming business be on sure footing.
Every online poker platform claims to be the best and promises that its board games are in some way better than on other websites. By utilising USP, a poker site can pose itself as distinctive, for example, by offering more generous bonuses and promotions as compared to the rivalry. With greater bonuses, a client has a chance to boost their bankroll without investing extra money, which helps beginner online poker room owners better retain the clientele.
Showing the USP to potential customers should be almost instantaneous. There are countless websites on the Internet, and if there is a chance that a potential client will land on your poker site, you should immediately pique their interest, because the client will decide very quickly whether your platform deserves their attention or not.
The USP should be expressed in the headline, subtitle, benefits, and closing statements displayed on the landing page of your poker website. The headline’s sole purpose is to get the visitor to continue interacting with your platform.
Once the user’s attention is caught, you can proceed with showing them the benefits of your particular offer. For potential customers looking for poker game fun, the benefits they can get could include hassle-free registration, a welcome bonus, or a free-to-play demo game.
Supporting statements are then used to further enhance the likelihood of a potential client to continue engaging with your poker platform. For example, a supporting statement may look like this:
“Thousands of users enjoy playing poker with us every day, would you like to join them?” These are simple ways to encourage users to stay. By putting an emphasis on a user’s initial interest to play poker, you encourage them to take the next step. If your headline, subtitle, benefits, and supporting statements serve their purpose, you have most likely acquired a new client.
Social proof is another powerful factor influencing a person’s buying decision. The research of Wishpond discovered that 63% of consumers confess they are more likely to make a purchase on a website if it has ratings and testimonials. Reviews, press awards, and seals of credibility can be the scale-tipping factor that sets your poker platform apart from your competition.
If you have difficulties composing an effective USP for your poker room website, you can apply to professionals to help you take off. EvenBet Gaming is one of the best poker software providers and specialises in designing turnkey online poker and iGaming platforms with high-level customisation and promotion. Do not bother with reinventing the bicycle, make use of the best, failure-free practices to get your online poker business started.